Download or to read through articles relating to various aspects of Deafness and Ear & Hearing care:
Infant Hearing Screening in India: Current Status and Way Forward
Ears at Risk
Barriers to hearing
Barriers to access of eye and ear care in low & middle income countries
Integrating eye and ear care
Race for better hearing
Improving newborn hearing screening: Are automated auditory brainstem response ear inserts an effective option?
- Good ear & hearing care habits: Proper care of the ears is a simple matter of inculcating the right habits in this regard. It is also essential for ensuring healthy ears and good hearing for a lifetime.
- You are their first teacher: A mother is the most important person in a child's life. This importance is increased manifold when the child has Hearing Impairment. The article outlines the important role played by the mother in ensuring proper language development of her child.
- Hearing loss in the elderly: Advancing age brings many related problems, such as reduction in vision (requiring correction with glasses) and also hearing loss. Sometimes hearing problems can make someone feel embarrassed, upset, and lonely. If someone has trouble hearing, there is help.
- Frequently asked questions: You may have many questions relating to hearing loss, ear problems, their prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Some of the most frequently asked questions are listed herein with their answers.
- The World Health Organization, South East Asia Regional Office has played a key role in outlining the epidemiology of hearing impairment and ear diseases in the region. Two documents are of special relevance in this regard:
- State of Hearing and Ear Care in the South East Asia Region. It can be downloaded from
However, to avoid mis-interpretation due to a typing error, please look at the correction in the Word document: "ERRATUM"
- Situation Review and Update on Deafness, Hearing Loss and Intervention Programmes.
Proposed Plans of Action for Prevention and Alleviation of Hearing Impairment in Countries of the South-East Asia.