Vision, Mission and Goal
- Vision: To improve the quality of life in the Asian Region by including in developmental programs the RIGHT TO BETTER HEARING.
- Mission: To eliminate avoidable hearing impairment by the year 2030 through development of sustainable and inclusive ear and hearing care systems.
- Goal: The Goal of the SOUND HEARING 2030 program is to reduce avoidable hearing impairment to 50% by 2015 and 90% by the year 2030.
The objectives, goals and targets have been defined along-with the proposed functions and targets.
- To raise awareness at all levels within the community.
- To promote sustainable and comprehensive ear and hearing health care.
- To facilitate the increase of appropriately trained community oriented ear and hearing health care professionals and personnel.
- To enhance access to appropriate ear and hearing health care.
Functions, Priorities & strategies
The priorities for this region have also been listed and the strategies have been outlined in order to address these priorities.
- To advocate and promote sustainable and comprehensive ear and hearing care, as national health systems development.
- To promote the principle and practice of primary ear and hearing health care, as a fundamental aspect of public health intervention.
- To facilitate the resource mobilization in the countries for enhancing access to simple and appropriate ear and hearing health carel.
- To identify good practices, and to exchange such experience and information on all aspects related to hearing loss and impairment.
- To collaborate with national programmes on deafness hearing impairment.
- To work closely in partnership with national expertise, institutions, committees, national and international Civil Society, WHO and other development partners in promoting better hearing for all.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next