The Ongoing activities of the 'Society for Sound Hearing' include:
- Initiation of a pilot project to combine Primary ear and hearing care services with existing eye care services.
- Field testing of Awareness material developed by Society for Sound Hearing: All types of awareness material is being field tested in order to validate and adapt the same as per needs and perceptions of the community.
- Development of National Strategy plan for Prevention of Deafness in India in collaboration with the society for Sound Hearing: the strategy plan that is under development with be based on concepts of Community Based Rehabilitation and shall provide a framework on which to build the future of the National Plan for Prevention of Deafness in India
- Development of Training modules for use during trainings: training for all levels of manpower is envisaged in a plan for Prevention of Deafness. WHO has developed three levels of training manuals for this purpose. Based on these resources, modules are being developed and standardised in order to ensure uniformity and consistency of trainings.
- Development of Guidelines for Inclusion of Hearing Disability in education.
- Efforts are on to field test the Sound Hearing Guidelines regarding Infant Hearing Screening in the region.