- Care for the underprivileged communities.
- Focus on early detection, intervention and rehabilitation of the most commonly occurring and preventable causes of deafness and hearing impairment, such as * :
- middle ear infection
- noise induced
- impacted cerumen
- aging (presbycusis)
- Prevention programs at all levels of services.
- Human resource development.
- Infrastructure development specially focused on the primary and secondary level.
* priorities may vary with each country and time
- To facilitate integration of hearing impairment prevention programs into the existing health system of the countries.
- Promote partnership and collaboration among different stakeholders.
- Develop plans for raising and managing financial resources.
- Promote and support National Committees and National Plans.
- To collect population based data to develop projects and strategies.
Founder Members and Executive Committee (EC)
- Dr. Madan P. Upadhyay (WHOSEARO)
- Dr. Andrew Smith (WHO)
- Prof A. K. Agarwal (IFOS)
- Prof. M. Alauddin (SAARC-ENT)
- Dr. Bulantrisna Djelantik (STP WHOSEARO)
- Ms. Silvana Inselmann (CBM)
- Prof. Suchitra Prasansuk (HI)
- Dr. Sawat Ramaboot (WHO SEARO)
- Dr. Padman Ratnesar (IMPACT)
Top Right to Left: Dr. A.K. Agarwal, Dr. Madan Upadhyay, Dr. Padman Ratnesar;
Bottom Right to Left: Ms Silvana Mehra, Dr. Bulantrisna Djelantik, Dr. Andrew Smith
Page: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next