WHO workshop on "Health promotion for hearing care in Schools for South East Asian Region" to be held on 8th- 9th November, 2019 would be organized by Department of Community Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College in collaboration with Sound Hearing 2030 at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
Department of Community Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College in collaboration with Sound Hearing 2030 is organizing a CME Programme on 21st- 22nd December, 2018 at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. The theme of the CME Programme is “Hearing Loss: Epidemiology, Detection & Prevention: A Multisectoral Perspective”.
9th International Conference of Coalition for Global Hearing Health, 26-28 October 2018, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Department of Community Medicine in collaboration with Sound Hearing 2030 is organizing the CME Programme on 2nd -3rd February, 2018 at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. The theme of the CME Programme is “Ear & Hearing Care”.
- Welcoming you all to Nusa Dua Bali, for the 2nd Sound Hearing 2030 World Congress, 20th-22nd February, 2019 - "sharing and caring for sustainable and accessible ear and hearing health programs". ina-soundhearing2019.org
- 7th International Conference of Coalition for Global Hearing Health, 24-25 Oct 2016, Manila, Philippines
- Symposium on "Otitis Media: Total Solutions" on 30th July 2016, New Delhi
- World Hearing Day, 3rd March 2016
- Stakeholders meeting on Inclusion of children with hearing loss in mainstream schools at Delhi on 14th Dec 2015
- Stakeholders meeting for development of IEC material at Delhi on 4th Nov 2015
- Vision 2020 11th Annual Conference at Moradabad, UP on 6th-7th June 2015
- International Ear & Hearing Care Day on 3rd March 2015
- 1st World Congress on Ear and Hearing Care On "Action Towards Better Hearing", New Delhi, India (12th-14th Feb 2015)
- Make Listening Safe
Vision: To improve the quality of life across the globe by including in developmental programs the RIGHT TO BETTER HEARING.
Mission: To eliminate avoidable hearing impairment by the year 2030 through development of sustainable and inclusive ear and hearing care systems.
Goal: The Goal of the SOUND HEARING 2030 program is to reduce avoidable hearing impairment to 50% by 2015 and 90% by the year 2030.
Welcome to the Sound Hearing 2030 website!
SOUND HEARING 2030 is an initiative for the prevention and elimination of hearing impairment. Its key function is improving the quality of life of persons with hearing impairment through development of comprehensive, inclusive, and sustainable ear and hearing care programs at national and sub national levels. This would be by facilitation, guidance, technical support, sharing of information, monitoring and evaluation, all in collaboration with National Committees and all stake holders of target countries in the South East Asia and other regions.
The Society for Sound Hearing (SSH) has been ratified at the first General Body meeting in Bangkok on the 4th of October 2005, with the initial support of WHO SEARO and CBM. It is a permanent New Delhi based international organization with representations from professional societies, governmental focal persons, international NGOs, agencies, and active individuals. Till dates, SSH has achieved several milestones in the first term of its Executive Committee (2005-2009), which includes establishment of its office, several regional meetings, symposia for sharing experiences, as well as the formation of three National Committees for ear and hearing health care in India, Indonesia and Bangladesh, while Nepal National Committee establishment to follow soon.